- Two-year online program, one campus visit each year
- Interdisciplinary program designed for working professionals
- Hone your learning with the Health Policy and Management Concentration
The need for public health professionals has never been greater
The World Health Organization reports an estimated shortage of 7.2 million workers in this essential field, with that number expected to grow to 12.5 million by 2035. It is estimated that California alone will account for nearly 250,000 of that scarcity.
Learn more about how UC Berkeley’s On-Campus/Online Master of Public Health can prepare you for rapid career growth while making an enormous difference in your community. The online format lets you take advantage of Berkeley quality while you continue working. Study alongside professionals who share your drive to make global health a part of everyday conversation. And with 98% of our students graduating, you have access to a wealth of networking opportunities and career guidance.
Global shortage of public health professionals:
Are you or someone you know looking to expand your skills or brush up on a certain area of public health? Our On-Campus/Online MPH degree program—the first online professional degree program offered at UC Berkeley—has been very successful to date and we’ve recently added a track in Health Policy and Management. Now, we are taking our online education further by offering more degree concentrations and introducing single course and certificate enrollment options.
In the coming months we will be introducing new Public Health Certificates to complement our already popular online MPH degree. These certificates—composed of 3 or 4 specialized courses—will focus on specific areas such as Global Health, Geographic Information Systems, Health Management, Leadership and Innovation, and Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
Starting in January 2017, we are introducing single courses available for immediate enrollment, with a few more courses starting in March 2017. We appreciate your support in spreading the word about these online courses. If you or someone you know might be interested, please see below to get started.… continue reading Online program to add certificates and single-course enrollment
- Are you or someone you know looking to expand your skills or brush up on a certain area of public health? Our On-Campus/Online MPH degree program—the first online professional degree program offered at UC Berkeley—has been very successful to date and we’ve recently added a track in Health Policy and Management. Now, we are taking… ... continue reading Online program to add certificates and single-course enrollment
- The Need for Increased Disaster and Emergency Preparedness According to the American Red Cross, more than 200 million people globally are affected by disasters each year. In 2015, the World Health Organization (WHO) and other global agencies gathered to discuss strategies that would reduce disaster risk and declared health central to a new global plan… ... continue reading National Initiatives Take Aim at Lack of Disaster Preparedness in Public Health
- The passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) more than five years ago shook up the U.S. healthcare system as we know it: making coverage more affordable prohibiting denial of coverage for those with pre-existing conditions outlawing rescinding coverage for sick patients and more As we explored in our OOMPH ACA blog post, despite myriad challenges… ... continue reading Why You Need to Understand Health Policy
- Graduate Bryanna Samborski Making Specialty Healthcare a Reality for Underserved Due to the ongoing efforts by Redwood Community Health Coalition, nearly one out of every five residents in the Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Yolo Counties have access to patient-centered primary care through its health centers. Sixty percent of those patients have incomes below the Federal… ... continue reading Living the #healthcareforall Mindset